Central Ohio Coon Hunters Association
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in gun club or hunting activities, and for other good and valuable considerations, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Central Ohio Coon Hunters Association, Inc. and its owners, members, directors, officers employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that gun club or hunting activities involve known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, death or serious injury as a result of being shot or as a result of equipment malfunction; hearing loss; loss of vision; broken bones, bruised and other bodily injuries caused by falls; medical conditions resulting from physical activity, and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risk inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the releases. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risk. In addition, If at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the cost of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the cost of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a law suit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of negligence. I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understand this document and agree to be bound by its terms.
Signature_____________________________________ Print Name__________________________________________
Email____________________________________Telephone (______)____________________Date _______________
PARENT OR GUARDIAN ADDITIONAL AGREEMENT
(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18)
In consideration of _________________________________ (print minor’s name) being permitted to participate in this activity, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any claims alleging negligence which brought by or on the behalf of a minor or are in any way connected with such participation by minor. Parent or guardian_______________________________Print Name___________________________Date____________ Type your paragraph here.